We acknowledge the time and effort contributed by our volunteers. Below are the people who have been contributing generously to succeed our programs.
- Sajjad Versi who was born and grew up in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, took over the role of Chief Operating Officer (previously known as the Executive Officer) on John’s retirement. He migrated to Australia in 1983. He is a professional Electrical Engineer and Project Management consultant with forty years’ experience nationally and internationally. Socially, he was a member of Round Table (Dar es Salaam), Lions Club (Five Dock), and Apex (St George). He was involved with Children’s workplace charity and other social programs in Australia.
- Michael Muhlbauer is now in his fourth year as HARDA’s Secretary.
- Linda Ning is the past HARDA’s Treasurer. Linda has Masters Degree in Commerce from the University of Sydney, is a Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA). She works as a Finance Officer at the Sydney Local Health District. She also manages the accounts of an affiliated Research organisation and NGO payments.
- Cindy Larson worked in the finance industry, most recently in Marketing and as a Futures Trader at Brandywine Asset Management in the US and prior to that on the Futures desk and in the Economics Division of Macquarie Bank in Sydney. She has a BA (Hons) in English Literature from Sydney University. Cindy has been an active volunteer for many years and has served as: Union County Chairperson for the Fresh Air Fund (NYC, USA); Friend of NJ SEEDS (NJ, USA); Volunteer Coordinator for Worldwide Orphans Foundation (NJ/NYC); as well as class parent and year coordinator at her children’s schools. She is currently a volunteer at the St Bakhita Centre as well as HARDA.
- Fiona Carr (Policy & Projects) liaises with the Chief Operating Officer and coordinates project development.
- Carmel Clark (Community Relations) is a key member of the Secretariat and HARDA’s longest serving volunteer. She has extensive social welfare and community service experience.
- Judy Flaherty (Accounts) was tremendously helpful in maintaining HARDA’s accounts in the period following Paul Bisson’s death and prior to Linda Ning taking on that responsibility. She has offered her ongoing assistance as a volunteer on a needs basis.
- Faduma Geddi (who was recently granted permanent Australian residency status) is busy building networks with young African Australians at grass roots level.
- Tim Hand had been working in education for over thirty years (NSW Department of Education and Communities). Tim is an experienced SEO professional and he provides consultation and services to implement social media strategies for HARDA.
- Jordan Lau has experience in website and software development. He is currently a volunteer who provides upgrade to the HARDA’s website.
- Abdibal Khatib